- Ph.D. in Computer Science (2002 - 2007)
- National Technical Univeristy of Athens (NTUA), School of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE). Thesis Title: Near Optimal Algorithms and Inapproximability Results for Art Gallery Problems (in greek). Advisor: Stathis Zachos.
- Postgraduate degree (1995 - 1998)
- NTUA, ECE, Specialization in Computer Science. GPA: 9.63/10.
- B.Sc. in Geology (1989 - 1994)
- University of Athens, Geology Department. Thesis Title: Computer Aided Fossil Leaf Identification (in greek). Advisor: Evangelos Velitzelos.
- Teaching Assignment
- Dept. of Informatics and Telecommunications, Univ. of Athens. Taught the undergraduate course “Computational Geometry”, from Oct 2008 to Feb 2009.
- Lecturer (short term)
- Dept. of Informatics, Athens University of Economics and Bussiness. Taught the undergraduate course “Theory of Computation”, from Mar 2008 to Sep 2008.
- Assistant Professor (short term)
- Dept of Informatics and Telecommunications, Univ. of Athens. Taught the undergraduate courses “Computational Geometry” and “Discrete Mathematics”, from Oct 2007 to Sep 2008.
- Maximizing the Guarded Boundary of an Art Gallery is APX-complete doi
- (Joint work with Euripides Markou & Stathis Zachos). In Computational Geometry, vol. 28, issue 3, (pp. 170-180), Elsevier, 2007.
- Visualizing Content for Computational Geometry Courses doi
- (Joint work with Markos Karampatsis) In L. Lennex & K. Nettleton (Eds.), Cases on Inquiry through Instructional Technology in Math and Science (pp. 581-604). IGI Global, 2012.
- The Geometry of Visibility
- In I. Emiris, Computational Geometry: A modern algorithmic approach (pp. 67-82) (in greek). Klidarithmos, 2009. ISBN: 978-960-461-141-6
Refereed Conference & Workshop Publications
- E-Learning Content for Computational Geometry link
- (Joint work with Markos Karampatsis) In J. Sanchez & K. Zhang (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on E-learning in Corporate, Goverment, Healthcare, and Higher Education (pp. 90-95). AACE, 2010.
- Maximizing the Guarded Interior of an Art Gallery
- (Joint work with Ioannis Emiris & Euripides Markou) Proceedings of the 22nd European Workshop on Computational Geometry (pp. 165-168), 2006
- How to Place Efficiently Guards and Paintings in an Art Gallery doi
- (Joint work with Euripides Markou & Stathis Zachos) In P. Bozanis and E.N. Houstis (Eds.), Advances in Informatics (pp. 145-154), LNCS, Springer, 2005.
- Maximizing the Guarded Boundary of an Art Gallery is APX-complete doi
- (Joint work with Euripides Markou and Stathis Zachos) Algorithms and Complexity (pp. 24-35), LNCS, Springer, 2003.
- Approximating Visibility Problems within a Constant
- (Joint work with Euripides Markou and Stathis Zachos) Proc. of the 3rd Work. on Approx. and Random. Algorithms in Comm. Networks (pp. 91-103), 2002.
- Towards a “Cloud Enabled” University Computer Center doi
- (Joint work with Markos Karampatsis & Petros Potikas) In proc. of the 8th International Conference on P2P, Parallel, Grid, Cloud and Internet Computing, Compiegne, France, IEEE, 2013.
- Design, development and implementation of an interactive education environment for MSC.Patran
- (Joint work with Markos Karampatsis, Anna Moscha, Kyriakos Spyropoulos and Loudovikos Touratzidis) Proc. of the 3rd Int. Conf. on Tech. in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (pp. 211-215), 2003.
- Creating a secure Unix environment in a PC-lab with an inherent Windows OS
- Proc. of the 2nd International Conference on Internet Education and Science (pp. 150-151), 2000.
- CGAL-Python experiences in NUA and TAU
- (Joint work with Ophir Setter), ACS Technical Report No: ACS-TR-363608-03, 2002.
- Maria Sotiropoulou
- Graduate student in Computer Science, National University of Athens. Robust Geometric Primitives in Python, 2013.
- Giorgos Koloventzos
- Undergraduate student in Informatics, National Technical University of Athens. EucliDIs: a Python geometric library imitating CGAL, 2012.
- Thomas Daskalakis
- Undergraduate student in Informatics. National University of Athens. Efficient Visibility Computations in CGAL, 2008.
- Orthogonal Range Searching pdf
- Corelab seminar, NTUA, ECE, May 2007.
- On the embedability of graphs in Euclidean Spaces pdf
- NTUA, SEMFE, Dec 2004.
- Molecular structure detemination (Distance Geometry and Bound Smoothing) pdf
- Corelab seminar, NTUA, ECE, Dec 2004.
- Computer Laboratory Support
- Supported the computer laboratory part of the undergraduate courses Introduction to Programming and Programming Techniques where groups of students complete assignments by programming in Pascal and C. Graded final exams. NTUA, ECE, 1994-1998.
- Edition and Proofreading
- Edited and proofread handouts for the 7th semester course on Algorithms and Complexity. NTUA, ECE, 1995.
- Course organization and Supervision
- Organized and supervised a postgraduate course on Computational Geometry. Developed assignments and graded final exams. NTUA, ECE, 2001.
- Lecture Presentations
- Presented lectures during various postgraduate courses (Theory of Computation, Non Traditional Databases, Graph Theory, Mathematical Logic, Advanced Data Structures). NTUA, ECE, 1994-1998.
Possessing concrete theoretical background as wel as self developed skills that have been gained through establishing and developing full IT projects, networks and infrastructures from initial conception to completion. Experience covers design, testing to successful implementation, withing budjet, scope and process limitations. Extensive LAN, WAN, Hardware and Software experience, up-to-date on IT developments. Seeking to utilize my skills in an encouraging environment that will optimize my potential and reward me fairly.
- SGI hardware administration (Computer Center, NTUA)
- Administered IRIX and Linux multiprocessor servers (ORIGIN 2000, ALTIX 350), and a storage area network (TP9400) (2002 - 2008)
- Directory services migration (Computer Center, NTUA)
- Designed and implemented the migration from Active Directory to OpenLDAP and SAMBA, implemented synchronization between Lotus Domino and OpenLDAP (2007)
- Network security (Computer Center, NTUA)
- Designed and implemented the Computer Center’s security policy using 3 pairs of redundant Cisco PIX 515E firewalls. Implemented virtual private networks using OpenVPN (2004)
- Network license management (Computer Center, NTUA)
- Implemented the FLEXlm redundant mode licensing facility for the Computer Center’s commercial software. Implemented a license servers’ sanity check that guaranteed uninteruptible operations (2004)
- Windows NT, Active Directory
- Designed, implemented and administered the first personal computers laboratory in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department in NTUA. Implemented the transition to Windows 2000 and Active Directory (48 PCs, 200 users served weekly).
- Windows 2000 administration, C programming (Research and Informatics Corps, Greek Army)
- Participated in top secret projects of the Greek Army Center of Research and Technology (1998 - 1999)
- DBase III, Clipper programming (IT Department, NTUA Administration)
- Supported the NTUA’s postgraduate students management system. Participated in the design and analysis of the new integrated management system. (1996 - 1998)
- MS-DOS, Lotus 123 (IT Department, Therapy Center for Depended Individuals)
- Assisted the IT manager of ΚΕ.Θ.Ε.Α. (1991 - 1992)
- Research Assistanship grand
- Institute of Communications and Computer Systems, NTUA, 1997, 2000
- Research grands PENED-ED 144 and PENED 95-ED 523
- General Secreteriat of Research and Technology of Greece, 1996-1999